Tuesday, January 12, 2010

I Once Aspired to be a Model

When I was 5 or 6 years old people would ask me 'what do you want to become when you grow up?'
My answer would always be either 'actress' or 'model' or something in show business. At that age, I had high hopes and endless dreams. There were times when I would just detach myself from reality and go into dreamland. A magical land where I was famous and all that glitters really was gold.

At that tender age, all I wanted was to be famous. But it was that ambition that indirectly made me realise my love for performing arts. Here I am about 16 years later, not even close to becoming either an actress or a model. I've become a dancer instead. But hey, a girl can dream right?

Anyway, about a week ago, Jas and I decided that we wanted to take some pictures which could be potential portfolio material. A good friend of ours is into professional photography, so we got him to take a few shots just for heck of it. The first set was just us they we are. Hardly any make up and really simple clothes (white top, blue jeans). The second set was of us in traditional costumes, with more intricate make up. The pictures turned out pretty good I must say.

These are some of the end results :) We took about 270 pictures and these are 7 of them before any editing. Au naturel yes
Probably not close to how professional models would look but no harm trying. We love the way we look


I shall pose against a shelf and stare into space

SheeJas

The stunning Miss Jaspreet Dhillon

The Gorgeous Miss Roshindar Dhillon

Oh and Miss Sheeja ;)

I love this shot

Model Material

Well that was a preview of what may or may not be posted in the next few weeks. Any feedback is most welcome :)

No comments:

Post a Comment