Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Hello 2010!

2009 - What a year it has been.

Yes i know my New Years/Year End post is a little late and I am ashamed to admit that its due to nothing but pure laziness. But hey im back! I cannot believe that a whole year has passed at the blink of an eye. It feels like the year just started. But as the saying goes, time waits for no one.

I shall use this blog as an opportunity to reflect on everything that has happened in 2009.

  • I fell in love, I fell out of love and of course, I fell back in love (I'm not just talking about men, mind you---OR women) :P
  • I started a full time degree and I now wake up with a purpose in life. Its hectic and I can't say I'm loving it. But someone's gotta pay the bills in the future right?
  • A few very important people in my life left the country to do their own thing.
  • I got a new dog, my baby Husky who's nothing less than a menace but i love him to bits.
  • I lost my two and a half year old hamster, Cookie who aspired to be Spiderman.
  • I got to know someone whom I wish I had never met. It made me realise a lot of things, which could either be good or bad.
  • But one of the most significant things that happened last year was my trip to the Land Down Under. Not only was it one of the best holidays I've had, it was also a turning point in my relationship. In economic terms, people would call it a recovery or upswing in the cycle :P
  • I turned 20! Two decades and a teenager no more.

Well I cant remember all the other things. But in short, I believe 2009 has been a good year. After crossing bumpy roads in 2007 and swimming in ice cold seas in 2008, the road is even and the water is warm. For now anyway. I look forward to having another eventful year and blogging about it next year.

Sad thing is, i spent the new year alone. Actually, I was just a bum and refused to get out of the house. It was nice though, being in my fortress of solitude. I started my new year nice and mellow, just the way I want the rest of my year to be................when I'm 70

By the way, I did not make any resolutions. Except one, which is 'I will not make any resolutions' (if that even counts). The reason for this being that it never works for me. If I make resolutions, I know VERY WELL that I'm not gonna keep up to any of them so why even go there? however, if I did get hit on the head someday and decide to make resolutions, these would be some of it (with commentary)
  1. Sleep on time (because I have no worries in life and going to bed at 10 every night is possible)
  2. Exercise everyday (i wish, i wish, i keep wishing, still wishing)
  3. Complete all my assignments at least 1 week before they're due (HAHAHA)
  4. Be more patient (can you see the halo above my head? can you?)
  5. Stop eating fast food (feel free to visit me in the burrow that i will dig when I turn into a rabbit)
  6. Cut down on all the gossip (again, HAHAHA - cut my tongue instead)
  7. ...zzzzz (your reaction at some point during this list)
There, my resolutions. They are pathetic and do not make sense because of how little I care about making them in the first place.

Pictures taken of important moments in 2009 will be posted soon. My laptop died on me a few months ago and all the pictures are in CDs. So maybe when I find them.

I hope all of you have a great year and embrace all your troubles as if they're your closest friends. Be good :)

Cheers!

1 comment: