Saturday, October 10, 2009

Of Kangaroos and Koalas

I visited Melbourne 2 months back. It was such a spontaneous decision. Air Asia fares were too low to resist. Well, it was probably one of the best holidays I've ever had.
The thing about Melbourne is that the infrastructure is almost exactly the same as Malaysia, but its so much cleaner and the people are much nicer.

But I did miss the Malaysian weather after a week. It was TOO COLD. When I left KL, it was 32 degrees celsius and when I landed in Melbourne it was 2 degrees :/
Talk about drastic temperature changes.

Anyway, I was there to visit my 2 favorite people.

Dinesh and Jas


And while I was there, I had the privilege to meet other lovely people :) The other wonderful people

While I was there, we visited a few places. One of them
was the The Great Ocean Road, one of the most beautiful places I've ever been to. We drove for about 12 hours along the ocean and the view was BREATHTAKING. Nothing but clear blue water that goes on and on for miles. We watched the sunset from the edge of some cliffs- The Twelve Apostles. The pictures dont do it any justice.

We were all zombies by the time we got home. :P The Twelve Apostles

The next day we went up Mount Dandenong, again, to watch the sunset but it had rained that afternoon so the sky wasn't as colorful as it should have been. But we could see Melbourne City in the distance and other suburbs surrounding it. Again, thanks to the rain, we were all shivering and it was almost impossible to get a picture that was not blur, but we did manage to get some really good shots.

Then came the trip to the zoo. My intelligence is questionable at times- who wears high heeled boots to the ZOO? The lack of common sense had its effects :(
Anyway, the zoo. I managed to see kangaroos for the first time! They weren't hopping as I had expected, but nevermind. While we were at the reptile house, we heard
the most disturbingly hilarious conversation between a man and his son (probably 4 or 5 years old). In one of the displays were 2 chameleons mating, and this is how their conversation went.

Son: Daddy, what are they doing?
Man: They're doing a dance.
Son: Can we do one?
Man: Uh..no..

HAHAHA :P Ai and I

The worst part about a holiday is leaving. Its just the most depressing feeling in the world. But i did have the best 2 weeks thanks to both my loves :)














No comments:

Post a Comment