Monday, July 5, 2010

Well, Hello!

Here I am again after a long time. Updates will be more frequent this time around I promise!

Well first things first, and first would be the perfect way to describe my results for the year. All first class honors baby! Believe me, I'm more surprised than anyone else, but hey I'll just accept that without any questions. It was a good year which I do not wish to relive. So the holidays have officially begun.

My trip to India was pretty good. It was short, only 2 weeks but it was more than enough to absorb the country in all its glory. I will miss the delicious coffee that is served the moment I wake up and all the different types of food and the LOVE, oh the love is endless. Contrary to popular belief, people there are actually really nice. Yes, surprise surprise! I'm not saying that EVERYONE is all sugar spice and everything nice, there are the unruly ones who appear to have no respect whatsoever for another human being. Either way, it was a good trip.

Then there's Bali. Oh my dear Bali you were so fantastic I wish those 4 fabulous days lasted forever. It was strange how besides the small number of local shopkeepers, the 4 of us (Siva, Yazna, Chern Yi and I) were the only Asians around. But the best part was that no one even noticed that we were different. Every single person on that island is so laid back its like they really have nothing on this planet to worry about. It seems like all they do is wake up in the morning, go to the beach, lay there and get a tan till the sun goes down, have dinner, go partying/drinking, go home and sleep. Actually that's what we did there minus the tanning part because you know *might get dark*. Heh.
We went surfing and ah, my wonderful surfboard story. So we were told to walk into the water holding the surfboard vertically beside us, which is actually what I did. But then came a really strong, huge wave which pushed me into the water and conveniently turned my board making it horizontal and right in front of my face. And what happens next? The board crashes into my throat and i lose my voice (literally) for a few seconds. It came back slowly but I sounded freaky with a horror movie-ish double voice which could only be heard if i spoke in a low-pitch. How annoying! But it's alright now. I sound normal and my throat doesnt look demented. I'll post a few pictures of the trip soon with more explanation.

Bye bye my babies

No comments:

Post a Comment